Thursday, April 23, 2009

Designer Skyline/ Rainbow Veins

This week has been a week of changes. And it's only Wednesday/Thursday, depending on how picky you are about that sort of thing.  

The band is falling apart, and that is surprisingly very okay with me. 

I quit my job tonight. Tomorrow is my last day. 
Despite the immediate and annoying question of "what the heck am I going to do for money, now?" Now, I feel very strangely calm, collected and ready for whatever the next adventure in my life is.  Changes come. Welcome.

I'm probably moving back to Michigan, the very state I foreswore to leave forever some 4 years ago... Never make promises, I guess.

I am hopefully going to become the vocalist for a very promising band from Detroit whom shall remain nameless (until it is official, for either good or bad). I'm excited at this possibility. It's not what I've been doing, and I think it could be extremely refreshing.

I have this strange new zest for life that I think is related to my addiction to change and a nomadic lifestyle as well as the fact that,

I am allowing my heart to feel warm again.

Now go listen to Owl City. The boy is a genius of the finest variety. 

1 comment:

anna said...

hey Ben,
i just remembered your blog, and wanted to say hi and also ask DID YOU KNOW THAT JERAN NICHOLAS JUST GOT MARRIED ON SATURDAY?!!! that's quite a change right there. i think he's the first Kodai-class-of-2005-kid to do so. it was sweet to be at the wedding, and be with my parents for the day, and also i somehow was the lucky-ish recipient of a little blue beta fish in its bowl that was the centerpiece at our table at the reception. i never thought i would have a little creature to look after in my last two weeks of college, but here i am...and there it is, wiggling its little fins at me, awww...

i hope you're doing well, brother Benjamin. it sounds like you've got a lot of courage, or maybe a combination of sheer recklessness and deep dependence on Jesus, to be living so gypsy-like, following your musical yellow brick road wherever it leads, even possibly the place you said 'never' to. i hope things continue to fall into place for your next steps, and that the zest and warmth stay and spread all through your heart and spill out onto whoever you meet by way of whatever you do and say and sing.
peace,
Anna