Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm Tired of Whining

It really does get you nowhere, and I'm pretty sure it actually decreases the chances that you'll do anything about whatever it is that you happen to be whining about.  Sadly, I'm not talking about someone at work (that would be whining, too). I'm talking about me. 
I complain too much. I am ungrateful too much. I take things for granted way too much. 
And I don't want to anymore.
It's time to be thankful each and everyday. It's time to realize that I am blessed beyond belief: That I am beloved, that I am lucky to be the child of a G-D who is 'especially fond of me' and whose love I am incapable of comprehending. 

I just finished reading 'The Shack". My dad is teaching a sunday school class on it back at our church in Michigan, and he and my mom have been bugging me t
o read it for about a month now, so when he handed me a free copy for my own while I was
 home for Easter weekend, I finally caved in. I'm very glad I did. It took a little while to get in to, but it has been a long time since I have read a more refreshing view of G-D and our relationship with Him and each other. It really hit me in a way that a book hasn't in awhile. I would even say I was blessed to have read it. I highly recommend it. Allow it to make you a lover again. 

I just want to be a lover. 
I really want to be a part of a community again. Of lovers of course. 
I miss all of you.
 

No comments: