Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pre-First Show

Its about 31 hours until my first CMC Live performance tomorrow.  I'll be performing a cover of Underoath's 'A Boy Brushed Red Living in Black and White' as well as an original song of mine called 'At the Diner (For Toast and Torture)'.  I'm pretty excited (and nervous) about it.  It'll be my first 'real' performance which I've had rehearsals and everything for.  There'll be a smoke machine and a million lights, full EQ'd P.A. and everything a huge venue would have.  (Except for the thousands of people.  My audience will be about 25.) Final rehearsals in a couple hours and then there's sound-check tomorrow afternoon.

Today in class we learned all about the wonders of Photoshop.  Or, 'how to make absolutely anyone look absolutely amazing using technology'.  Whether its moral or not is still up for debate.  Let's just say that I will be looking the best (and most unrealistic) I ever have in my press kit photos that we're shooting next week for promo purposes.

Besides that, you should probably go out and buy this album right now.
  Dance Gavin Dance + Downtown Battle Mountain 
(pictured above)

In Musicality,
    Ben

No comments: