Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Few Days

I've been at the CMC campus on Martha's Vineyard now for almost 4 days. All 4 of those days I have been as sick as a dog with a fever, sore throat and runny nose. I also have poison ivy in between the fingers on my right hand. So far, I have been completely miserable physically. Thankfully, its been much better in every other regard. I was even able to pull off a sing/scream performance last night with my terrible throat. Of course, I can't even talk today. Hopefully it was worth it. I have very little idea how I did. I couldn't really hear the monitors at all, but others have said I did pretty well. Noone else here is a screamer, or really very much into that music at all, so there aren't very many good judges of the genre.
Things aren't too busy yet, but I can tell that they are going to become quit hectic once everything starts rolling.
The dorm rooms are quite small. We have six people in ours and its only slightly bigger than my old room in Guffin. It kind of feels like camp. My roommates and I get along quite well so far. Lets hope that continues.
All in all, I'm hopeful and excited about this semester as it begins. As soon as I'm healthy we'll really see how things are going to be. The biggest pressure i'll have is writing a new song every single week of the semester which I'm sure is going to be tough what with everything else going on.
Pictures to come.
More later, d00ds.

-Ben

1 comment:

Michael Serra said...

Ben,

get better soon so you can melt faces.

- Michael