Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Surviving Masters

I realize its been a little while since I last updated in this hurr thang.  My apologies.  
However, I'm not sorry.  Apologies are a formality.
Anyway,  we had to make 'official' recordings for this last Monday.  They're called masters although its only one song. (Mastering usually refers to a whole album). 
 So, we all spent a huge load of time in the recording studios tracking and mixing and all that jazz.  It was amazingly stressful.  Fun, but stressful considering the short amount of time we had to get everything done.
I had about 5 total hours to track everything with no rehearsals beforehand.  Then I was up for ever trying to mix it.  That didn't work out so well.
The next morning I turned it in with all the others and we listened to them in class while the professors made comments about how bad they were.
They shredded them to pieces.
It was rather depressing.
Then we took the last two days to regroup ourselves basically.
I'm still fired up about music.  Or rather, re-fired.  It was being rained on for a little while, but I think the flame is growing again.
Trip to Boston coming up on Friday.  I'm excited to be off this island.
Peace.

No comments: